Who doesn’t love Kinder Bueno? Ever since I tried it, it has been my favorite chocolate treat! Can’t get enough of the creamy hazelnut filling. I found a muffin recipe using Kinder Bueno on Erwan Heussaff’s blog so I decided to give it a try. I also substituted KitKat bars for Kinder Bueno in some of the muffins. I prefer the Kinder Bueno muffins though!
Kinder Bueno/KitKat Muffins
(makes 12 muffins)
• 1/3 cup (5 Tbsp) unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
• 1/2 cup sugar
• 1 large egg
• 1 tsp vanilla extract
• 1/2 cup whole milk
• 1 1/2 cups all-purpose or self-raising flour
• 2 1/4 tsp baking powder
• ½ tsp cinnamon
• ½ tsp nutmeg
• ½ tsp salt
• ½ kinder bueno/kitkat for each muffin
• ½ cup sugar + 3 tsp cinnamon
• Butter for topping
- Mix all the ingredients above in order, one by one.
- Once its all mixed properly, in a buttered muffin tin, fill each tin by half.
- Add in the 2 pieces of the half kinder bueno/kitkat and cover with a little more mixture to bring it to 3/4 fill.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for about 12-15 mins or until a toothpick runs clean of dough.
- 5 mins out of the oven, brush the muffins with some butter just to moisten the top and roll the buttered part in the cinnamon sugar.
Note: The cinnamon sugar is optional. I found the muffins already sweet because of the chocolate so I thought that adding cinnamon sugar would make the muffins too sweet. It all depends on your taste though!