One day at my grandparents’ house, my cousin Lizette told me about this so-called “brownie in a mug.” I looked it up on the internet, and found recipes that seemed easy to follow. I finally had the time to try it using this recipe and it turned out to be great! It’s perfect for those times when you’re craving for a quick chocolate-y dessert but you’re feeling too lazy to bake. What’s also great about this “brownie in a mug” dessert is that you only need 7 ingredients, a mug and a microwave.
Brownie in a Mug
- 4 teaspoons butter
- 4 teaspoons water
- 1 drop vanilla extract
- 8 teaspoons flour
- 8 teaspoons sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 4 teaspoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- Place the butter in the mug and pop this in the microwave until it has melted. (Time will vary depending on the strength of your microwave. Mine took 40 seconds.)
- Add the water and vanilla extract to the butter and mix.
- Add the flour, sugar, salt and cocoa powder one at a time and mix. Make sure there are no lumps of dry ingredients!
- Pop it in the microwave somewhere around 60 – 90 seconds. (Again, this will depend on the strength of your microwave. Mine took 90 seconds.)
- Remove carefully and allow to cool for a few seconds. If desired, you may top the brownie with ice cream, whipped cream or enjoy it on its own!
Note: 8 teaspoons of sugar might be too sweet for some (myself included), so you can try and adjust this according to your preference.