Bread pudding. I wasn’t really a fan of bread pudding until one night, I was dining at Latitude and tried their version of this dessert. It was delicious, and I wanted to recreate it at home. Luckily, I found a good recipe and I was surprised that it’s really quick and easy to make! I also made a salted caramel sauce to drizzle over the bread pudding. If you’re not a caramel fan, you may use a different sauce like vanilla or rum.
Bread Pudding with Caramel Sauce
(makes around 6 servings)
- 3 slices bread
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup fresh milk
- 1/4 cup and 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Break bread into small pieces and place into a baking pan. Drizzle melted butter or margarine over bread.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine eggs, fresh milk, sugar, cinnamon, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed. Pour over bread, and lightly push down with a fork until bread is covered and soaking up the egg mixture.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until the top springs back when lightly tapped.
Note: If desired, you may also add raisins or other dried fruits.