Oreo + cream cheese, who would say no to that? Last Wednesday, we had no classes since it was Independence Day and so I decided to bake cookies and cream cheesecake cupcakes. This is actually my favorite thing to bake since it’s easy to make and of course, it tastes delicious! (Plus, everybody loves it)
The recipe is from Handle the Heat, one of the food blogs I regularly visit. Get the original recipe here. I halved the recipe because the original amount was too much and also lessened the sugar I put into the cheesecake. (I only used 1/4 cup)
Cookies and Cream Cheesecake Cupcakes
(makes 24 cupcakes)
- 32 cream-filled sandwich cookies, such as Oreos, 24 left whole, and 8 coarsely chopped
- 1 pound (2 8-oz packages) cream cheese, room temperature
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 large eggs, room temperature, lightly beaten
- 1/2 cup sour cream (I used all-purpose cream plus the juice of half a lemon as a substitute)
- Pinch of salt
- Preheat oven to 275°F. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. Place 1 whole cookie in the bottom of each lined cup.
- With an electric mixer on medium high speed, beat cream cheese until smooth, scraping down sides of bowl as needed. Gradually add sugar, and beat until combined. Beat in vanilla.
- Drizzle in eggs, a bit at a time, beating to combine and scraping down the sides of the bowl as needed. Beat in sour cream and salt. Stir in chopped cookies by hand.
- Divide batter evenly among cookie-lined cups, filling each almost to the top. Bake, rotating pan halfway through, until filling is set, about 22 minutes. Transfer to wire racks to cool completely. Refrigerate at least 4 hours (or up to overnight). Remove from tins just before serving.