Oreos. Everybody loves them! (Or at least I haven’t met anyone who doesn’t enjoy eating Oreo cookies.) Because I’m one of those people who loves Oreos, I decided to try out this recipe I found online.
Oreo Cheesecake Cookies
Serves: 24 cookies
- 16 Oreo Cookies
- 1/2 cup butter
6 tablespoons cream cheese
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
1. Preheat oven to 375˚F.
2. Spray two baking sheets with cooking spray. Set aside.
3. In a food processor, add Oreo cookies and process into fine crumbs. Set aside.
4. In a large bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese using a mixer until light and doubled in volume. Add sugar and vanilla, and mix until well combined. Add flour and 1 cup Oreo crumbs, and mix by hand until just incorporated.
5. Refrigerate dough for about 30 minutes.
6. In a shallow bowl, add remaining Oreo crumbs. For each cookie, take a golf ball-sized amount of dough, roll into a ball, and roll in Oreo crumbs until completely covered. Place cookie balls onto prepared baking sheets.
7. Bake for 12 minutes, or until puffy and set. Cool on pan for 3 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to cool.
8. Store in airtight container or freeze and warm when your craving for a gooey cookie!
Notes: I used 18 oreo cookies and made the cookies a little bit smaller than a golf ball. I made around 34 cookies. I also lessened the amount of sugar to 3/4 cup and it turned out fine.
I set aside some of the cookies I baked because I’m going to give them to some of my closest high school friends who I’m seeing again today after over a month of summer vacation. I hope they’ll like it!