Here’s my first blog post about food! So last night, I made baked macaroni for dinner. My brothers and I love this dish so I thought it would be nice to make this for us!
I followed La Kusina’s Baked Macaroni Recipe, making only a few changes. It’s pretty easy to make!
Here are the ingredients you’ll need:
- 1 pack/400 grams of macaroni
- cheese (as much as you’d like)
- ½ kg ground beef
- 1 whole onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, diced
- 2 cups tomato sauce
- 2 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 pieces laurel leaves
- salt and pepper
- cooking oil
- ½ cup butter
- 4 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 cup evaporated milk
- 1 ½ cup chicken stock (I used water with chicken broth cubes)
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup
1. Cook the macaroni according to the package instructions. Usually it’s around 10-11 minutes. I actually used penne pasta for this dish.
2. In a pan, sauté the garlic and onion.
3. Add the ground beef to the pan. Optional: You may also add sweet ham or bacon.
4. Mix in the tomato sauce, ketchup, and laurel leaves. Add salt and pepper to taste. Cook until the sauce thickens.
5. Mix the red sauce with the cooked macaroni.
6. To cook the white sauce, melt the butter in a separate pan.
7. Add the flour and allow to cook. Mix in the milk, chicken stock and cream of mushroom.
8. Let the sauce thicken.
9. To assemble, place the macaroni (already mixed with the red sauce) in the baking dish. Pour the white sauce over it, completely covering the macaroni. Top it with as much grated cheese as you would like.
10. Place it inside a preheated oven with a temperature of 350˚F and bake it for 20-30 minutes, until the cheese has melted.